Great evening with friends and awesome wines. The Prisoner lineup did not disappoint.
- Mannequin white blend – medium body, light acid , vanilla, honeysuckle almost buttery silky long finish . ABV whopping 15.5%
- Slander – excellent pinot! red fruit on the nose with low spiciness. Red cherries , medium body light acidity great palate lingering finish. Nice label with duct tape.
- Palermo Cabernet Sauvignon – Deep inky color, medium acid, dense tannins, black current, toasted oak, dark berries with touch of cocoa.
- Machete – ripe cherry dark chocolate, medium acidity, medium body. Medium tannins , medium finish . Cab/Grenache/Malbec/merlot/petite syrah blend
- Mercury Head – Awesome wine, tasted non decanted , aromas of dark chocolate, cedar, big and bold without overwhelming tannins, soft on the palate with a long finish. Mix of red and dark cherries.
- Papillon – big blend of Cab Franc/Cab/Malbec/Merlot/Petit Verdot – polished light tannins on the medium finish. Blackberry and plum hints of mocha and dark chocolate
- Abstract – mostly Grenache – light red in color red berries on palate soft tannins on the finish.
All wines available at Buon Vino www.bvtexas.com
Moderate complexity zin with moderate tannins, raspberry, plum jam, not overpowering. Moderate fruit forward. Rated 4.0 on Vivino, For me Rombauer Zin still my go to. Love all of Martinelli’s offerings.